Shimano XC502 SPD MTB Shoe - SMU - Moss Green - 2022
The mountain bike shoe offers maximum performance to a large number of riders.
- Lightweight Shimano ULTREAD XC rubber outsole provides durable, excellent grip
- Upper shoe covered with mesh fabric/TPU and artificial leather in an optimal division ensures a comfortable fit and low weight
- BOA® L6 twist lock on the instep for quick and easy fixation of different foot shapes
- Glass fiber reinforced midsole for good power transmission.
- Enclosing, slightly overlapping upper shoe ensures a perfect fit
- Rider adjustable cleats that can be selected and swapped out to suit riding style and conditions
- Flat midsole that stabilizes the foot and ensures maximum power transfer and efficiency
The raised toe of a cycling shoe plays a key role in aiding pedaling efficiency. If it's too high, it can cause more tension in the plantar, calf, and hamstring muscles. If it's too low, you'll have a hunched, inefficient pedaling motion. Extensive research by Shimano's R&D experts has resulted in a superior shoe last design with an optimized toe lift that promotes a smoother, more energy-efficient upward movement. Developed based on feedback from pro riders, Shimano Dynalast helps reduce energy loss on long rides. This leaves you with more power for the final sprint across the finish line. An undesirable loss of power or energy occurs between the 200° and 360° crank angles in the reverse phase of pedaling. Shoes using Shimano Dynalast help reduce this energy loss by promoting a smoother, more efficient pedaling motion. If you want to reduce fatigue, get the most out of your legs, or just want to go that extra mile, you should ride Shimano Dynalast.
Shimano SPD - comfortable running feeling
Shimano developed SPD to meet the needs of a rapidly growing new group called MTB. By doing away with the hooks and straps and integrating the pedal and shoe sole into a single component for power transmission, Shimano changed the world of cycling. This benefited not only the power transmission, but also the control of the rider over his bike in increasingly adventurous cycling disciplines. There is no longer one, universal MTB style - and accordingly there is no longer just a single SPD pedal. The landscape is varied: from fast XC races to steep, rocky, wet, rooty and muddy trail rides. Shimano SPD pedals keep up. Shoe-pedal designs are evolving to meet the demands of your personal riding style, while still offering the proven safety, reliability and sheer off-road durability. systems engineering. Tested by professionals. You have the choice.
ULTREAD XC - durable and light
The lightweight ULTREAD XC rubber outsole provides ultimate grip and lasting performance. Shimano's rubber compound formulated for cross-country and cyclocross races is optimally suited for light outsole profiles and supports performance in dry and wet conditions.
The construction of the upper shoes and closure systems are tailored to the characteristics of the foot. Shimano's Surround Wrapping upper wraps the entire foot in a seamless piece of leather for a better fit with less gaps between shoe and foot.
- Area of application: Cross country, cyclocross, gravel
- Material upper shoe: faux leather, mesh fabric
- Materials insole: Nylon fiberglass reinforced
- Material outsole: Rubber, ULTREAD
- Locking system: Twist lock (1 x BOA L6), Velcro
- Pedal system: 2-hole, e.g. E.g. Shimano SPD
- Stiffness index: 7 out of 12
- Extras: Cap insole
- Weight: approx. 300 g (size 42.0)