Shimano RC502 Road Shoe - SMU - Blue
Lightweight road performance shoe with S-Phyre DNA.
- Upper shoe covered with mesh fabric/TPU and artificial leather in an optimal division ensures a comfortable fit and low weight
- Enclosing, slightly overlapping upper shoe ensures a perfect fit
- Integrated seamless midsole and upper construction for unparalleled fit, stability and lightness
- BOA® L6 twist lock on the instep for quick and easy fixation of different foot shapes
- Carbon fiber reinforced nylon midsole for good power transmission
- Flat midsole stabilizes the foot and ensures maximum power transmission
The raised toe of a cycling shoe plays a key role in aiding pedaling efficiency. If it's too high, it can cause more tension in the plantar, calf, and hamstring muscles. If it's too low, you'll have a hunched, inefficient pedaling motion. Extensive research by Shimano's R&D experts has resulted in a superior shoe last design with an optimized toe lift that promotes a smoother, more energy-efficient upward movement. Developed based on feedback from pro riders, Shimano Dynalast helps reduce energy loss on long rides. This leaves you with more power for the final sprint across the finish line.
SPD-SL is the further development of the system specially designed for racing bikes. This pedal platform was specifically designed to meet the demands of world-class road racers. The result is a seamless interface between pedal and cleat for more efficient power transfer under the extreme pedal loads encountered in competitive conditions.
The construction of the upper shoes and closure systems are tailored to the characteristics of the foot. Shimano's Surround Wrapping upper wraps the entire foot in a seamless piece of leather for a better fit with less gaps between shoe and foot.
- Area of application: racing bike
- Material upper shoe: Faux leather, mesh, TPU
- Material outsole: Nylon carbon reinforced
- Locking system: Turnbuckle (1 x BOA L6), Velcro
- Pedal system: 3-hole, e.g. B. Shimano SPD-SL
- Stiffness index: outsole 8 out of 12
- Weight: approx. 241 g (size 42.0)