Shimano RC5 Road Shoe - Blue
From smashing through tough intervals in training to smashing your rivals in races, the RC5 Road Shoes deliver superb performance but at a keen price point for those riders on a tighter budget. The impressive price to performance ratio is thanks to renowned Shimano technology and features, first found on their premium race shoes…
The design of the shoes makes use of Shimano’s S-Phyre philosophy and features, as first seen on their premium race shoes. It starts with the foot-wrapping upper, offering a snug fit that provides a supportive pedalling platform and removes hot spots. Made with a combination of mesh, TPU and synthetic leather, this supple upper is incredibly light and highly breathable too, perfect for warmer weather and hill climbs. The upper construction is also integrated with the sole unit, offering extra support and stability during hard efforts.
Power to the Pedals
With their carbon fibre reinforced nylon sole, the RC5s balance the need for pedalling efficiency with value for money. Rated 7 out of 12 on Shimano’s stiffness scale, this sole unit gets your hard-won watts to the pedals with minimal flex, propelling you forward rapidly and helping you maintain speed efficiently. Efficiency and foot support are further optimised via a low stack height, getting your foot closer to the pedal axle.
BOA® L6 skeleton dial
Low-profile, light in weight and offering precise adjustment, the BOA® L6 skeleton dial lets you quickly and easily get the fit, feel and security of the shoes just to your liking. It’s also easy to make adjustments on the go - tighten them up for a final sprint - loosen them off as your feet swell in the heat.
These Road Shoes are compatible with road bike pedal systems that use cleats with 3-bolt standards, such as: Look Delta and Keo, Shimano SPD-SL, Speedplay Light Action, Zero, X-Series (via 3-hole adapter plate), Campagnolo Pro-Fit, Mavic Zxellium, Time Iclic/Xpresso and Time Impact.
- Upgraded upper pattern and material improves fit and breathability while reducing weight
- Surround wrapping upper structure reduces overlap, providing a glove-like fit and eliminating
- Super low stack height helps stabilize the foot, maximizes power transfer and efficiency
- Integrated sole and upper construction sets a new level of fit, stability, rigidity and lightweight
- Mesh/TPU/Synthetic leather composite upper provides a comfortable fit and better breathability
- Light carbon fibre reinforced nylon sole for power transfer
- BOA® L6 skeleton dial ensure precise fit and comfort
- Weight: 240g (size 42)
- Stiffness rating: 7/12
- 3-bolt cleat compatible (Cleats not supplied)