READY FOR YOUR CALL-UP
Progressive but racy, the Cervelo ZFS-5 120 GX Eagle was built for today’s evolving XCO courses - it has to pedal well and handle quickly, but also take on the chunks, jumps, and drops littering the circuit. ZFS-5’s 67.8-degree head tube angle delivers the precision required for elbow-to-elbow hole shot sprints, and the confidence to let off the brakes when the track gets rough. And in 120mm-outfitting, the 66.6-degree head angle will give you the extra confidence to push harder, and ride faster, even when the trail gets a bit...hellish.
FLAT BARS, SUSPENSION, CERVÉLO?
World Cup season is here, and we’re all-in. The Z bikes—the ZHT-5 and the ZFS-5, our hardtail and full-suspension, respectively—made their race debut at the Nove Mesto World Cup. The pilots? World Cup veteran and former Dutch National XCO Champion Milan Vader alongside reigning Cyclocross World Champion Fem van Empel.
CALL IT A COMEBACK
Milan Vader is a veteran XC racer and former Dutch National Champion. He was set to race the Z bikes in 2022, but a life-changing crash at Itzulia Basque Country meant his priorities were re-learning to walk and ride. He’s recovered phenomenally well and much faster than the doctors expected, and will be racing the entire World Cup circuit this year.
Fem van Empel is one of Team Jumbo-Visma’s most recent signings, and she’s already made the rainbow connection. Following a decisive World Cyclocross Championships win in Hoogerheide, she traded knobbies for slicks this Spring, and has now set her sights on improving her best-ever World Cup results and landing on the podium.
- FORK: Rockshox SID SL Select, DebonAir spring, Charger RL damper, tapered steerer, 15x110mm, Maxle Stealth, 44mm offset, 100mm
- SHOCK: Rockshox SIDLuxe Select+, RL 3 position remote damper, 190 x 40mm
- HEADSET: FSA IS2 1-1/2 x 1-1/2
- THRU AXLES: Cervelo Thru-axle, 12x148
- WHEELS: Rear: Race Face ARC Offset 27, 27mm IW, DT Swiss 370, 12x148mm, XD freehub, 28H, 6 bolt, tubeless compatible Front: Race Face ARC Offset 27, 27mm IW, DT Swiss 370, 15x110mm, 24H, 6 bolt, tubeless compatible
- TIRES: Maxxis Rekon Race, EXO 120TPI, 29x2.4
- CRANKSET: SRAM GX Eagle, 32T, Boost 148 DUB
- BOTTOM BRACKET: SRAM DUB, BSA 73mm
- CHAIN: SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- CASSETTE: SRAM GX Eagle, 10-52, 12 Speed
- SHIFTERS: SRAM GX Eagle, 12 speed
- HANDLEBAR: Race Face Turbine Alloy, 35mm clamp, 760mm width, 10mm rise
- STEM: Race Face Aeffect Alloy, 35mm clamp, 6 degree
- BRAKE CALIPERS: SRAM Level Bronze 4 Piston
- BRAKE LEVERS: SRAM Level Bronze Stealth 4 Piston
- SADDLE: Cervélo Saddle
- SEATPOST: Race Face Ride XC Alloy 30.9
- BRAKE ROTOR: SRAM Centerline 6-Bolt