Santa Cruz Tallboy CC - X01 29 Kit
The Tallboy cuts a whole new swath across the trail bike landscape.
As a 27+ bike it revels in the severe. In desert-dry conditions the wider tires float above the dust and find oases of grip where standard tires flounder. And when the monsoon comes, lower tire pressures pull the Tallboy through the slickest of root sections like a Defender on diff-lock. In its 29-inch form, the Tallboy’s renowned rowdy streak comes to the fore. Happy at full gas, up or down hill, the speed and agility of the 29 configuration will have you bagging on e-bikes at every turn.
A 68 degree head angle and 110mm of VPP travel distills the original Tallboy’s playful character into something all the more mischievous. Longer reach and shorter chainstays fuel that personality, and bring the Tallboy bang up to date with the rest of the Santa Cruz range.
A flip chip on the upper link, combined with either a 130mm fork (for 27+) or 120mm fork (for 29-inch), ensures geometry remains consistent across a vast range of build kits and sizes, from S to XXL. The carbon frames run the whole size spectrum, while the aluminum frame goes Small through XL.
The versatile trail bike of choice for rapid riders like Greg Minnaar—the Tallboy is for those who don’t roll with the pack.
110mm VPP™ Suspension120mm fork for 29" kits/130mm fork for 27.5+ configurations148mm Rear Axle Spacing27.5 Plus-CompatibleBottle cage mountFlip-Chip on upper link to maintain geometry in 29” and 27.5+ configurationsIntegrated HeadsetInternal carbon tubes ensure precise and hassle-free routing of derailleur and seat post cablesRadial contact bearings maximize stiffnessRemovable front derailleur mount for maximum drivetrain compatibilitySizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL (XXL carbon-only)Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Kit: X01 29
- Weight: 11.84kg / 26.11lbs
- Fork: FOX 34 Float Performance Elite 120
- Shock: FOX Float Performance Elite DPS
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Shifters: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Crankset: SRAM X1 Eagle Carbon 30T
- Cassette: SRAM XG1295 Eagle 10-50T
- Chain: SRAM X01 Eagle 12 SPD
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP Team BB
- Brakes: SRAM Level TLM
- Brake Rotors: Avid Centerline 180mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Bars: Santa Cruz Bicycles XC Flat Bar Carbon 31.8 x 750 (S-M), 780 (L-XXL)
- Stem: Easton Haven 55mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- Front Hub: DT 350 15x110mm 28H Front Hub
- Rear Hub: DT 350 148x12 28h Rear Hub XD
- Rims: Race Face ARC 24 29 28h
- Spokes: DT Competition (28)
- Front Tire: Maxxis Minion 29x2.3 DHF 3c EXO TR
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Ardent Race 29x2.35 TR EXO
- Nipples: Sapim Secure Lock AL Silver Nipples (28)
- Tubes: Stans Sealant 2oz
- Seat Post: RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Pro