LEATT DBX 5.0 V12 HELMET
Leatts home of research and development is located in Cape Town, South Africa. It is here that a team of engineers and designers, as well as Dr. Leatt himself, dream-up and test new products along with looking at way to improve products in their line even further.
The single most important component or piece of gear a cyclist will ever use, is their own head. Problem is, we only get one. Leatt provides the ultimate solution in protecting this precious commodity. They have redefined what head and neck protection mean and have given their helmets many lines of defense against head injury.
For the DBX 5.0 V12 helmet, Leatt employs a 3D molding process to manufacture the outer shell which gives them a greater ability to dissipate impact forces. The volume of the shell is reduced, decreasing the amount of acceleration that can build during an accident. Inside the shell you will find multi-density foam for addition absorption and distribution along with 360° Degree Turbines. Turbines greatly reduce the impact forces before the skull comes into contact with the helmet liner and allows the helmet to rotate and deflect forces away from the helmets wearer. Bonus features include massive amounts of ventilation, a breakaway visor, hydration pack ready and are compatible with Leatt Neck braces.
- Quattro Force Control with Carbon or Composite matrix shell (3 sizes)
- 3D in-molded multi density V-Foam
- 360° TURBINE multiple low energy impact & 360° TURBINE rotational acceleration
- Reduced outer shell volume for reduction in Neck forces & Rotational brain acceleration
- Optimized Leatt® neck brace integration with 360 degree helmet and neck brace match, rear clearance cut for optimal head range of movement & rear hyperextension impact platform
- 22 large vent ports for maximum ventilation
- Hydration ready. Optional internal hands-free kit available
- Low friction cheek pads for emergency removal (patent pending)
- Moisture-wicking, breathable and anti-microbial snap-out liner
- Visor break away function