Ibis Ripley LS XX1 Eagle Build - 2018
The Ripley LS is a 29" wheel trail bike with 120mm of rear wheel travel, mated to a 130mm travel front fork.
The talented Mr. Ripley, the first Ibis 29er trail bike, has been in production for 4 years. During that time it's grown a little burlier, a little longer, and become slacker. With the Generation 3 release, Ibis added clearance for the new generation of not quite plus sized, wide rim specific tires. It will come stock with pretty much perfect-for-a-29er Schwalbe 2.6" rubber. If you're an enduro bro, and like to point it downhill through rock gardens without using your brakes very much, this new Ripley also has clearance for burly Maxxis 2.5 WT tires. Both the Schwalbe 2.6 and the Maxxis WT are designed specifically for the wider rims that Ibis has been producing for the last few years. And just like that, the Ripley became even more versatile.
The 3rd Generation Ripley has an all new swingarm and clevis, and a wider upper eccentric. Oh, and new paint and graphics. The swingarm will accommodate 29" tires like the Schwalbe 2.6" Nobby Nic.
Even with the new wider eccentrics, the new swingarm accommodates the 2X Shimano side swing front derailleurs including Di2 (and of course 1X, which you already knew, right?). The front derailleur mount also makes a nice upper chain guide mount.
- 120mm rear wheel dw-link travel
- Carbon fiber monocoque frame and swingarm
- 5.9 Pound frame* with Fox FLOAT DPS EVOL
- Approved for 130-140mm forks
- Tapered head tube (suitable for various Cane Creeks & Chris King InSet 3)
- Shock Specs: Fox Factory FLOAT DPS 3pos w/Adj and EVOL Sleeve with Kashima Coat
- Provision for internal cable-actuated or hydraulic adjustable seat posts
- Post mount rear brake mounts
- Shimano 2X side swing or 2x Di2 front derailleur compatible and of course, 1X
- * Frame weight is for a medium frame with shock and without seat collar, rear axle, rock guard, or water bottle bolt
- Fork: Fox Float 34 Factory Series 130mm, 29”, 15QR
- Shock: Fox Factory FLOAT DPS 7.25 x 1.75
- Wheels: Ibis 942 Carbon Rims/i9 hubs
- Tires: Schwalbe Nobby Nic 29” x 2.6”
- Brakes: Shimano XTR BL-M9020(L), BR-M9020(F)
- Cranks: SRAM XX 1 Eagle Carbon 32T Direct Mount. 175mm arms
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM Eagle XX1 12 Speed
- Shift Levers: SRAM Eagle XX1 12 Speed
- Cassette: SRAM XX1 Eagle 10-50T 12 Speed
- Chain: SRAM Eagle XX1 with Power Lock, 12 speed
- Headset: Cane Creek 40: ZS44/EC49
- Grips: Lizard Skins Logo
- Handlebars: Enve Carbon DH Handlebar
- Stem: Enve Mtn Stem
- Seatpost: KS LEV Carbon
- Saddle: WTB Volt Saddle