Avid Fr-5 Single Brake Lever
The squeeze of our levers is what dreams are made of (and you know which dreams we’re talking about). Most of our levers can be swapped to be run either front or rear, which is convenient if you like to your brakes reversed, and a Godsend if you bust a lever in the middle of the woods. Avid levers are easy to install, simple to set up, and a pleasure to pull.
We know that crashes happen, and that’s why we created Bend Zone. During a powerful hit—one that would break a normal lever—Bend Zone allows the lever to flex, saving the lever body from massive carnage. Not only will you be able to ride out of the woods without resorting to Flintstone-style braking, you won’t even have to get a new lever body.
- Weight: 155 g (per pair)
- Lever Material: Aluminum, Reversible, Flat Rate Pull
- Finish: Silver Body, Black Lever Blade, Black Body, Silver Lever Blade
- Adjustment: Reach Adjustment, Qwik-Adjust Barrel Adjuster
- Special Features: Bend Zone™
- Compatibility: Mechanical disc brakes, Linear-pull brakes